Enjoying Life and Community in Annapolis Maryland

Enjoying Life and Community in Annapolis Maryland

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Killdeer




Here are two pictures of the same bird. This is a killdeer. Everytime I see this bird, I think that it is a sand-piper or plover but it's not. It's a killdeer, which is pretty common. An interesting fact about this bird is that if you are getting too close to its nest, the adult bird will make it's wing appear to be broken and lure you away from the nest. Pretty ingenius way to get rid of predators and/or humans. I saw this bird on Tuesday next to a pond which was next to an apartment complex. It's fun to see birds everywhere. Take hawks for instance, I see so many hawks on the side of the road or in trees next to highways. They are everywhere! So cool. I love birds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!