It's been awhile since my last post. I hope you haven't been anxiously awaiting for a post from me...anyways, I found this link on the Nature Conservancy Website and I thought it was cool [maybe depressing] to know how much of my life, everyday chores, work, yada yada yada affects the environment. Check out this website and take the survey: http://www.nature.org/initiatives/climatechange/calculator/?src=search
My household emits about 57 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere a year. Is that bad? It isn't good. It's below the national average for my household. I think that these Carbon surveys can be read two ways. 1) Make you feel quilty and "push" you towards eating organic, buying "green" houses/cars, etc. OR 2) making you aware that everything you do affects the world around you. Some people might say you (I am) ignorant because I don't drive a hybrid or eat organic food. Eating organic is expensive! I refused to buy apples at Shaws because they were $1.29/lb. Maybe I'm cheap (probably) but I'm not going to pay more (up front) to "be green." Because even buying a hybrid isn't all that great. Yeah, it saves you $$ at the pump, but the battery for the hybrid and all the other "extras" end up costing you more in the long run. I'll write more later, I'm done for now.
1 comment:
Nice site, Jon. Our old apartment is at 30 (ha! we're 'greener' than you!! :-) That's probably because it's a 5+ family unit, and we didn't have central heat.
--Ian
Post a Comment