Enjoying Life and Community in Annapolis Maryland

Enjoying Life and Community in Annapolis Maryland

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Skiing Adventure

So this is Ivy learning how to downhill ski...just kidding!
This past Saturday, Ivy and I trekked northward in search of snow and mountains. We found ourselves at Ragged Mountain. It's a nice mountain to ski at, although it is a long drive from the highway. I enjoy downhill skiing but I often go alone because Ivy doesn't like to ski very much because she doesn't know really how to ski. BUT she agreed to go skiing with me and was also willing to take a lesson. Fine by me! :) So Ivy took an hour private lesson, and her instructor even took her to the top! Ivy is good at skiing, she just needs to relax and enjoy the views. She had fun. I had fun too. It was a nice day to ski. Not too cold and it even snowed. Skiing in the snow making seeing more difficult though. I always say that skiing is like riding a bike, you just remember. I remembered but it was difficult. It has been a year since I last skied. I definitely didn't ski like the photo above but it was good. I think I'm done with Ragged Mountain. Too small. It's too bad that skiing is so expensive! Normally it would have cost $60 per lift ticket! That's crazy expensive! No thanks. Ivy and I had a good day though. I'm glad we went. Maybe we'll go again this season now that she's a pro!

1 comment:

Ian and Sally said...

Hey y'all! Sounds like a fun trip. We sure do miss skiing, but, then again, it's 60 degrees down here, and that is nice too! Things are pretty slow for us. We have just been relaxing and hanging out with family. No jobs or anything yet, and no word from schools. Talk with you soon