Enjoying Life and Community in Annapolis Maryland

Enjoying Life and Community in Annapolis Maryland

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hello. I’m not sure if anyone has clicked on the link “shrimp suck” but it’s a website that says why we should stay away from eating shrimp. “Shrimp is the #1 seafood in the U.S. Eating shrimp can be among the worst things you can do to the ocean. Bottom trawling and farming for shrimp can destroy the ocean. You don't want to be a part of that.” The site urges consumers to stop eating the country's most popular seafood, which is typically caught using turtle- and dolphin-killing nets. The reason that it’s on my blog is because I read it in Outside Magazine and it brings up a valuable point – everything we do and eat has an affect on the Environment.
That being said, I have a confession to make – I love eating shrimp. It tastes so good. Ivy and I ate some on Friday night at
Legal Seafood and it was amazingly good. I had a trio of fish, and shrimp and scallops; so good! I do believe in caring for the environment but it’s not like I eat shrimp everyday. Agh, now I feel better. I’m gonna go eat some shrimp…just kidding!!

No comments: