Enjoying Life and Community in Annapolis Maryland

Enjoying Life and Community in Annapolis Maryland

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Giving Tree


The "Giving Tree." This tree is located at Salem Willows on the North Shore, and I call it the "Giving Tree" because last summer we spent a lot of time beneath this tree. We came here several times with Jen, Ehren, Ian, & Sally, and occassionally with others. We had lunch and snacks beneath it. We sat in our chairs or blankets, over looking the inlet towards Beverly. It kept us cool during the hot summer days. "And when they were tired, one or some would sleep in its shade." We played bauchi ball around it and sometimes on its trunk...but often the balls would bounce away. A lot of fun occurred beneath this tree. Hopefully this spring and summer will bring more joy to us beneath this magnificent tree! I look forward to it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It was fun times last summer under the tree, although the picture looks slightly colder than what I remember :). I look forward to this summer... -Jen

Ian and Sally said...

what a great post!
what great memories!

sally